Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Numb Heart.

My once warm heart is now numb.

How did this evolve?

I let myself fall in love.

You're so cold and I hate the cold.

With every hug you gave-turned my heart to chills.

Those chills soon became chilling icicles, Before the cold water dripped created a cold little ice tear.

That ice soon grew over, and took over, my heart, causing it to go numb. 

And i can no longer tell what feelings I'm feeling.

What I would do for a heart so warm and surrounding. 

Oh what I would do...

All because I fell in love.





5 comments:

  1. I feel this. After our hearts have been torn apart, there is a pain we never want to feel again and I think the automatic response to that is numbing ourselves. Such a sad reaction. Dangerous, really. We would rather freeze to death than burn because in the end you can't feel the cold where as the heat of the love and passion you once had is too painful to bear. Love is such a mysterious, comforting, strong, believing yet sardonic. I feel this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes yes yes! I love that you feel it. Makes me so happy to hear! Good to know I'm not the only one. And all that you said is just great!

      Delete
  2. "you're so cold and i hate the cold"
    love this. so simple yet so great.

    ReplyDelete